What is a Ketogenic diet?
By way of definition, a Keto diet is a diet containing low carb, high-fat content and adequate protein. The major goal of creating the diet is to obtain more calories from proteins and also fats from the carbs. A Keto diet works by depleting the body of excess sugar which aids in the breaking down of proteins and fat for energy thus causing healthy weight loss and Ketosis.
What are the health benefits of Ketogenic diet diets?
- It Aids in weight loss
- Consumption of Ketogenic diet brings about ketosis which leads to the breakdown of excess sugar, proteins, and fats for utilization as energy. Through this process, the Ketogenic diet speeds up the process of weight loss. The high protein content of the diet keeps you from getting hungry unlike what is observed in the other diets.
- Reduces acne
- Acne can be caused by different causes one of which can be related to blood sugar and diet. Consuming a diet rich in refined carbohydrates can alter the gut bacteria and thus, cause more dramatic fluctuations in the blood sugar which generally influences the skin health. By generally decreasing the carb intake, Ketogenic diet brings about a reduction in some cases of acne.
- Helps to reduce the risk of cancer
- Data gathered from recent researches has revealed the efficiency of Ketogenic diets in preventing cancers. According to a study conducted on the Ketogenic diet, it was observed that a Ketogenic diet can complement radiation and chemotherapy in individuals suffering from cancer. This is generally attributed to the fact that it can cause more oxidative stress in cancerous cells than the normal cells.
- Improves the health of the cardiovascular system
- Complementing your Ketogenic diet with a healthy lifestyle has shown some evidence in the improvement of heart health by reducing levels of cholesterol in the body. According to one study published by NCBI, it was discovered that there is a general increase in the HDL (good) cholesterol after the consumption of Keto diets.
- Protects the brain
- Although this is still a speculation, there are studies which suggest that the Keto diet can offer some form of neuroprotective benefits. This may come in handy in the prevention of conditions such as Alzheimer and Parkinson’s diseases and some sleep disorders.
- Reduces seizures
- The combination of carbs, fats, and proteins tend to alter the way the body utilizes energy thus resulting in ketosis. Ketosis is simply the elevation of ketone bodies in the blood which can lead to a reduction in seizures in people suffering from epilepsy.
A lot of medical practitioners are more particular about the prescription of a Ketogenic diet since it basically brings about healthy effect in the body system. Its great ability to increase the rate of ketosis in the body has made it one of the best forms of alternative remedies for people suffering from different forms of medical conditions.
For increased effectiveness of the process, we suggest you consult with your medical doctor or contact our support team for more information.